Friday, January 4, 2008

Week 4, Thing #81/2, RSS Part 2

I have tried Bloglines. It is much easier to share. But I do prefer the layout of Google Reader. I like how it displays all of the feeds in a single in-box. Bloglines shows the folders, but you have to click on each one to open the folder, making it feel like I am opening bookmarks rather than receiving a feed. More pull, less push, technology-wise. So, I guess I prefer Google's passive consumption. If I am going to feed, just shove it down my throat.

I have also found, thanks to a X-Mas gift from Aunt Becky, that yes, I am smarter than a 5th grader.

4 comments:

bibliofan said...

Just noticed the snake on the floor of your avatar's library! A bit of a Snake Charmer are you?

The Absolutly True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, has been my favorite read this year. Now I have to read something from the adult Sherman Alexi line of books.

Willard Librarian said...

My library has two snakes. You can read more about them (and me) at my website. They are currently home with me for the vacation, much to my ophidiophobic husband's chagrin.

Comet librarian 2 said...

Welcome back to the Library Fun. Your comparison of the two feed readers is helpful. I am considering changing form Bloglines to Google reader because it is too easy for me to ignore my feeds for too long a time.
Your last line prompts an impertinent question--You know you are smarter than a 5th grader, but can you say you are smarter than your 7 year-old?

Willard Librarian said...

Well, I did beat him this first time we played. But I would say that is because I have more general background knowledge. He consistently got the questions for 1st through 3rd grade right, and most of the 4th grade questions. But the 5th grade questions tended to stump him. He is brilliant, just not up on his trivia. Unless it is Pokemon-related.